Too Much, Too Soon

I decided to make my first foray back into the public today [aside from Dr’s offices that is] by going to breakfast with my family and then grabbing some groceries.  According to my hospital issued isolation precautions this was ok but just in case we made some extra precautionary plans to avoid pregnant people and kids for lengths of time.

From the moment I woke up I knew it was going to be a tough day.  You see, I haven’t slept more than a couple hours at a time for days now but last night I fell asleep around 12:30am and then slept straight through my alarm an extra 45mins.  When I realized how late it was I had 15mins to get ready before my parents picked me up! [note: still not able to drive]  I was feeling the exhaustion down to the very center of my bones.

We went to breakfast and afterward, mom asked if I needed anything from the store.  Of course I did because the only food I had in the house was LID friendly [nightmare] or was the normal random odds and ends that don’t make up an actual meal.  So I told her yes even though all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball in bed.  We grabbed things at the store and my mom said I was looking pale so she knew it was time for us to go.  We had to make one more stop for my kitties [food] but then they took me home.

Sounds like a crazy big exciting day huh?  Apparently it was for me.  The exhaustion is ridiculous and there is simply no way to explain it to its depth or breadth.  My entire body hurts.  My neck is throbbing and I can’t lay down because of the interminable reflux.  I could go on and on complaining of various symptoms but I won’t.  I will just say at the moment I'm completely miserable and I hope that I can sleep again tonight.

Worst part of today?  I didn’t even enjoy my breakfast because I can no longer taste anything.  Another one of those “no side effects” side effects from the RAI.


  1. I voted medium because I like that you got out of the house, but I dislike that you are feeling so unlike yourself. Hang in there - one day at a time!! It will pass. Promise.

  2. I'm actually not that surprised about your lack of taste buds...as you know, my mother-in-law was treated for oral cancer last year. She had very targeted radiation and they knew her taste buds would be affected. Considering you were totally radiated...of course it would affect your taste buds. Hers came back relatively quickly but some things are still off...she can't handle pepperoni, it's too spicy. Anyway...she had finished treatment in late February and was starting to get her taste back within a month, and that was radiation targeted at her tongue and throat. Hope you find this a small ray of hope on that particular side effect!!!

    BIG HUGS!!!

  3. We missed you so much this weekend at the crop. Everyone said to say "HI" and they are thinking of you. Next time you will be at my side- sleeping thru my snoring.... love you, AP

  4. Jessica - I am so hoping that my taste comes back soon too! The smell/taste relationship is overrated as I have found because I can still smell things perfectly but they taste like cardboard! I have found that for some reason I can taste dairy foods slightly - weird!

  5. AP - I was sad to miss the crop too but definitely was in no position to go! Maybe we can hit up Gwen's next one! :)


Whatcha Thinkin'?