So far, so good! My scan and radiation is still scheduled for next week Wednesday and Thursday. If they push it back another week, I may just go ballistic on someone! For now, I'm counting down the next 8 days until I can have a slice of pizza, take my thyroid hormone, and begin my journey back to normalcy! Granted I will start returning to “normal” while I'm radioactive and in isolation but it will be a couple weeks before my TSH stabilizes a bit.
So here is the official schedule:
- Wednesday September 30th – 6:45am @ the hospital – receive scan dose of RAI at 7am.
- Thursday October 1st – 6:45am @ the hospital – Whole Body Scan @ 7-8am, consult with Dr. Nuke @ 8am to go over scan results and dosing, Radioactive Iodine Ablation dose @ 1-3pm (approx), head to an undisclosed location and begin isolation, baking soda rinses, lemon drop shots…oops wishful thinking!
- Friday October 2nd – continue isolation, LID, lemon drops every 15mins, and baking soda rinses every 30-60mins, try not to puke.
- Saturday October 3rd – remain in isolation, start taking my levothyroxine again (yay!) and eat whatever I want again (YAY!!!)
- October 3-7th – continue isolation
- October 8th – appointment with Dr to discuss recovery, labs, prognosis, follow-up scans/tests
- October 8-11th – continue partial isolation (stay away from pregnant women, babies, and children)