I’ve found myself saying or thinking this exact thing so many times over the past few days. If any of you have gone through or know someone who has gone through a cancerland journey, maybe you can relate to the confusion that happens when you start reading up on a particular disease. One study says this another says that… several studies say this but overall the medical community doesn’t endorse those thoughts… With so much science and research out there you would think there would be more concrete answers! I guess it goes to show the awesome wonder that is the human body.
Some of the questions I have been asking myself (and the Internet research engines) if they are true:
- Can RAI really kick you into premature menopause?
- Can getting pregnant (in the future) kick up a recurrence of my cancer?
- Do most young people with one primary cancer get another primary cancer? (I personally know 4 women for whom this is true)
- Since my tumor had burst, did the cancerous cells spread out all over the left side of my neck?
- Does the LID really work to increase the effectiveness of RAI?
- Will my hair stop falling out? (it isn’t as bad as having chemo but every time i touch my head, i come back with hair in my hand)
There are a lot more i’m sure, I just can’t think of them now! They tend to pop in and out all day…